Sunday 11 September 2011

A Couple Little Bags

My latest crafting project was a couple little bags.  A boy bag and a girl bag.  Prototypes for Super Saturday.  I think both turned out pretty cute.  Had to make a few adjustments along the way.  I suppose that's why you make a prototype. 


Meant to be church bags for the kids.  I sort of like the ruffly bag for myself.  My sister said I had to make the ruffles smaller for me.  Probably more subdued colors as well.


I just really like the ruffles.  Like Hailey's curtains.  Ruffles are cute.



Can't forget the boys though.  I like that you can see the bright green through the grommets.  Oh, I didn't get a picture of the back.. :(  There is some more decorative stitching on the back.  Horizontal lines.


In the end though, I think the ruffly bag will be too labour intensive for a super saturday craft.  I'll have to simplify it a bit.  Maybe just a plain tote with some fabric flowers or something.  Back to the drawing board.  Stay tuned for another go at the girl bag.  Hailey will probably get this one, so no loss there.  I guess not probably;  she will get this one, even though I really like it.  I'll make myself a different one.

No comments:

Post a Comment