Tuesday 13 September 2011

Flat Front Pants - MADE

Another project from MADE.  This time for Sam.  I've been thinking of making these for a while and finally found something in my stash that I thought would work.  I don't have a lot of boy fabric as it turns out. 

But I found an old shirt of Matt's in my "mending" pile.  It's been there for a few years.  Because it wasn't actually mendable.  So, it was time to repurpose it.



Just now realized that I didn't take a picture of the back.  I used the existing pocket from the shirt for a back pocket on the pants.  I have mixed feelings.  I like the pocket, but it doesn't have the black contrasting thread like the rest of the pants, which I really like.



The fabric is sort of silky and smooth.  Sam liked them.  He doesn't really like jeans, which is why I wanted to make these for so long.  I might make a few adjustments for future pants.  The front is bunching funny.  See below.  Maybe it's just the way he's standing.



And one more project off my list.  Too bad I found at least 3 more today.  Not going to make progress at that rate.  I guess that's not the point though.  No projects?  What fun is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment